How to make Doughnuts
Hiya my chefs and cheflettes, it is Yanribo and I am here again to teach you how to cook. Today we will learn how to made dougnhuts. Doughnuts are soft and sweet and a favourite of children and adults!
Ehen, let us begin –
How to make Doughnuts:
- 3 cups of wheat flour
- 1 pint of palm wine or yeast
- 20 cubes of sugar
- Groundnut oil
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 teaspoonful of vanilla essence or nutmeg
- Sift the flour. This means you will use a sieve and pour the flur through the sieve, so no chunky bits will enter your bowl.
- Then dissolve your sugar in your palm wine.
- Make a hole in the middle of your flour with your finger and pour your sweet palm wine into it. Mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture is nice and thick.
- Add the egg to your mixture and beat for about 20 minutes.
- Then add your vanilla essence or nutmeg.
- Place the bowl of mixture in a warm place and leave it to rise for about two hours until it is double its size.
- Heat the groundnut oil in a shallow pot.
- Use a spoon to scoop the doughnut mixtre and drop it gently in the
- Dip the spoon in oil or cold water each time to prevent the ixture fro sticking to the spoon.
- Fry until golden brown and drain well.
- When cool sprinkle with granulated sugar.
That tastes lovely. Well done chefs and cheflettes!