How To Make chocolate cake
Hiya my chefs and cheflets,are you looking forward to making a delicious chocolate cake? There are so many variations that it might be difficult to choose a single recipe.Here’s a simple one to get you started along with several variations to suit the occasion.
- 1 1/2 cup (192 grams) flour
- 1 cup (201 grams) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (7 grams) salt
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) baking soda
- 3 tablespoons (43 grams) cocoa
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vinegar
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla essence or 2 tsp. (2ml) vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup (200 ml) water
- 2 eggs
- Sift the dry ingredients together. The dry ingredients are: flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa. Simply place all the dry ingredients in a sifter and shake it back and forth over a bowl to eliminate the clumps.
- Stir in the liquid ingredients and stir well. These are the vinegar, oil, vanilla, water and egg. Some people like to add these ingredients individually, but others stir them together in a second bowl and before adding them to the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into an 8-inch greased and floured round pan. The grease and flour will keep the mix from sticking to the pan.
- Bake at 350 °F (177 °C). (175 C.) for 30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes and frost as desired.