Fun Facts about Valentines Day
If you missed our Valentine special edition on NTA2, no need to be sad, because it will air again on Saturday at 9:30am.
But for the meantime, here are a couple fun facts to whet your valentine appetite!
- The most popular theory about valentine’s day origin is the emperor Clauius II did not want roman men to marry during wartime. Bishop valentine went against his wishes and performed secret weddings.
- About 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged each year, this makes it the second largest seasonal card sending time of the year.
- In the middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who would be their Valentine. They would wear this name pinned onto their sleeves for one week for everyone to see. This was the origin of the expression “to wear your heart on your sleeve”
- Richard Cadbury produced the first box of chocolates for valentine’s day in the late 1800s.
- Women purchase approximately 85 % of all valentine’s day gifts.