FUN FACTS ABOUT SUMMER
Hello everyone, summer is the fun time of the year and Aiyekoto has gathered some fun summer facts:
- The first day of summer has a name. The summer solstice kicks off the season. This day usually falls on June 20 or June 21. The term solstice is Latin for sun stand still.
- Summer is the by far the busiest time at movie theaters, and Hollywood always hopes to earn a significant portion of total annual ticket sales through summer blockbuster months.
- In the summer heat, the iron in France’s Eiffel Tower expands, making the tower grow more than 6 inches.
- The month of August was named for Julius Caeser’s adopted nephew Gaius Julius Caesar Octavius, who held the title “Augustus.” He named the month after himself.
- Watermelon is a vegetable. As the air heats up, so does the consumption of watermelon. This vegetable is part of the cucumber, squash and pumpkin family.