FUN FACTS ABOUT DREAMS
When we go to bed at night, sometimes we dream. Dreams are the thoughts, images and sensations that occur whilst we are asleep.
- Dreams are responsible for many of the greatest inventions of mankind.
- Our animal companions dream as well. Watch a dog or a cat sleep and you can see that they are moving their paws and making noises like they were chasing something. Go get ’em Buddy!
- Many people claim that they don’t dream at all, but that’s not true: we all dream, but up to 60% of people don’t remember their dreams at all.
- It is proven that in dreams we can only see faces that we have seen in real life before. So beware: that scary-looking old lady next to you on the bus might as well be in your next nightmare.
- Blind people who were not born blind see images in their dreams but people who were born blind don’t see anything at all. They still dream, and their dreams are just as intense and interesting, but they involve the other senses beside sight.