Five Fun Facts about Parrots
Parrots are fascinating creatures. Here are 5 exciting interesting facts that may leave you wanting to know more……
- Did you know that there are 100’s of parrot species, over 300 in fact and they come in remarkable clouds and sizes, ranging in length from about 4 inches up to 40 inches. Some type of parrots can live up to 80 years in the wild
- African greys are the best mimics of human speech, they have also been taught to count, identify objects, and speak short sentences in response to questions.
- Did I forget to mention that parrots are very special? In the wild, parrots live in flocks and communicate with loud, squawking sounds.
- Many parrots are omnivores (Omnivores are animals who eats a variety of food of both plant and animal origin) the natural diet of parrots in the wild is fruit, nuts, seeds and for some species, insects.
- All parrots have four toes on each foot, two pointing forward and two projecting backward. Their sharp claws allow them to climb and perch on trees.