Differences Between a Turkey and a Chicken
I bet you had lots and lots to eat this Christmas. Some of you had chicken, some of you had turkey and some of you had both! But do you know the difference between a turkey and a chicken?
- The turkey has a larger body than the chicken
- Turkey is mostly dark-coloured, whereas, chicken are colourful and the male chickens are more brightly coloured.
- Mostly chicken are reared for eggs and meat, whereas turkeys are for meat.
- Neck and head have no feathers in turkey, but chicken has a feathered neck and head with a prominent comb.
- Turkeys are found in both wild and domestic environments, but chickens are purely domesticated.